The Elimination Chamber for the most part did not disappoint us in excitement and value leading up to WrestleMania XXX in April. The feud between The Shield and The Wyatts is one that we will talk about for months to come and may be the odds on favorite for Match of the Year and Feud of the Year in the WWE.
There are – however – this could turn out to be a good thing for the WWE moving forward. While I am not a fan of the return of Hulk Hogan, there are scenarios that fall into place with the former WWF/WWE great leading the charge against The Authority and its new poster boy, Batista.
That leaves Orton twisting in the wind for a while, but in the end, it may all work out. Here is why.
It opens the door for CM Punk to make a not so gallant return to New Orleans to fight for the cause of the people as the new “People’s Champion”.
Sorry, John Cena – your time has come and gone.
To put it mildly, the company must focus on building arcs that allow for huge feuds to be rectified and advanced at the “Show of Shows.”
– Kane and Daniel Bryan must come to a head, allowing Kane to exit the company if that should happen.
– Undertaker and Brock Lesnar for the sake of Lesnar, not so much ‘Taker. If Lesnar is not booked in some sort of challenge match like this, then his return is meaningless.
– John Cena must help Bray Wyatt get over as a singles star.
– Big E. Langston somehow has to face Roman Reigns, which leads to Reigns grabbing the Intercontinental Title and a title unification against Dean Ambrose.
– In the meantime, the Shield and The Wyatts can beat the hell out of each other until the two Type-A leaders come to blows. And whoever wins gets Seth Rollins in the divorce decree.
– AJ Lee and Tamina will finally face off. Whether this means a bump in the Divas Division, I do not know. But this group of women are basically trolling along, earning a paycheck for nothing.
– Can the development of Antonio Cesaro lead to a split with Zeb Colter? Or does Colter dump Jack Swagger? Would someone like Damien Sandow be a perfect foil to Cesaro’s arrogance and prove to be a better partner for Swagger?
– omehow, this company must build around someone like Titus O’Neal. The feud with Daren Young does not work. Maybe Mark Henry or Big Show are better fits in that situation.
– Christian’s “one last match” must come at WrestleMania at the hands of Shemaus.
– Oh, and beg for this to happen. SOMEONE FIND WADE BARRETT AN OPPONENT.
The idea of WrestleMania being the centerpiece of the WWE and its pay-per-view events is brilliant in design but not always brilliant in delivery. These ideas, although the WWE will never take them under advisement, would help ensure a transition toward SummerSlam, where the company can continue to build with the “new” stars of this generation. But hopefully the power in control will tread lightly in doing so.
Follow David on Twitter @davidlevin71
[amazon_link id=”B00HRYH7G2″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ] Ultimate Warrior: The Ultimate Collection DVD[/amazon_link]
[amazon_link id=”B00HRUQA8C” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Wrestlemania 30 DVD[/amazon_link]