[adinserter block=”1″]C.O.O. Triple H hosted a media conference call on Wednesday to promote Thursday’s WWE NXT special on the WWE Network. The call was dominated by wrestling media who were able to pull some interesting nuggets out of the Game.
This was a real interesting media call as it featured questions entirely from pro wrestling media. My hunch is that when the WWE schedules these calls, they are looking for mainstream media attention. That may be bad news for them but it was certainly good news if you follow the “dirt sheets.”
Here are just a couple of highlights from Triple H’s media call…
– NXT will have a bigger presence on the WWE Network as the Network grows. What that entails I am not quite sure. They could also have a bigger presence next year at WrestleMania.
– If it were up to Triple H, WWE NXT would air live every week. Financially though that is not a smart move nor in the cards.
– Dave Meltzer asked him about Kenta and Prince Devitt. Trips replied, “Who?” Meltzer started explaining before Trips told him he was just joking. I thought it was funny but it was a bit awkward. Anyway, Triple H had no answer when it came to plans for either guy.
– Triple H said that Vince believes they have created their own brand in NXT and was impressed with the buzz they got last time around.
– Cesaro loves working NXT and would work there as often as he could. Triple H said that he told Cesaro now that Cesaro is a bigger part of the plans, he will be less available to work in NXT.
– Regarding Tough Enough, they would like to film it at the WWE Developmental Center but nothing is confirmed.
– He is very excited about the transitions from NXT to the main roster, and put over Bray Wyatt quite a bit here. He did say that just because something does well in NXT doesn’t mean that it will work on the main roster.
– He cited HIPPA laws when he refused to give any comment on Christian or Rey Mysterio’s conditions.
– He said that he believes in Tyson Kidd, giving him a vote of confidence.
– He said the NXT roster is very supportive of each other.
– He said that Charlotte is starting to get confidence.
[adinserter block=”2″]Those were the highlights. I will say that Triple H seemed to enjoy the call and was very friendly and professional to everyone. While I am sure he did some dancing, he seemed sincere and honest in his answers, even saying he didn’t know regarding some questions. He has plenty of haters, yet it’s hard to bash him when you hear him in this kind of environment.
WWE NXT Takeover airs Thursday night live on the WWE Network. The first NXT special was my favorite show of the year thus far. I loved it! I hope this one is just as good or better. On paper it has a heck of a chance of tearing down the house.
[amazon_link id=”B00JHH1YAW” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]WWE The Paul Heyman Story[/amazon_link]