Let’s take a look back at some of the things that stood out from Week 2 in the National Football League!
– The Buffalo Bills are now 2-0 on the season and are playing that “pesky competitive” style of Football that I predicted could be an issue for teams in the AFC East this season. I don’t think the Patriots or Jets should write this team off when they play them on Sunday. The Bills will get their first test in Week 3 against the Patriots and they are currently potentially the 2nd best team in the AFC East this season thus far.
– Oakland finally got Jason Campbell to throw the ball this week as the Raiders almost became 2-0 as well on the season. If they combine a decent passing game with their great running game, they might be competitive enough to surprise some folks in the AFC West after all.
[adinserter block=”2″]- Jamaal Charles out for the season with a Torn ACL after I predicted he’d be the top fantasy scorer this season. I’m not going to curse anymore players this season but I think it’s safe to say the Chiefs are in deep trouble this season. The defending AFC West Champs may not get more then 4 wins this season.
– The Detroit Lions lay the smack down yet again the NFL and some experts are already looking at them to be the best team in the NFC North. I think it’s a little early to give em that title without being truly battle tested yet (Packers, Bears, etc.). Despite all that, this team is very good…if healthy of course.
– The whacky game that is the NFL was defined this week as the Titans defeat the Baltimore Ravens in Week 2. The Ravens gave it to the Steelers in Week 1 and were looking to be poised as a top team in the AFC. I still think they can be that but they need to be consistent, something they have had trouble doing since Joe Flacco became the starting QB in Baltimore.
– I think it’s safe to say the Titans are the only team in the AFC South that could give the Texans a run this season.
– Once again, paging David Garrard to Indianapolis. I don’t care how many years Kerry Collins is under contract, please get a QB in Indy.
– The Bucs squeak one out against the Vikings in Week 2, I believe the Bucs will slide from their success from last season still but they can be a contending team come next year. This is a growing team that could prove to be very good in the coming years.
– After 2 weeks of Football I think it’s safe to say Cam Newton is for real.
– The Green Bay secondary may prove to be the biggest weakness to the Packers repeating this season.
– Yes Donovan McNabb can still throw for triple digit yardage.
– The Bears win against the Falcons in Week 1 may have been a little bit of fluke after losing to the Saints in Week 2. The Bears looked flat and uncompetitive. It will be interesting which Bears will come to play the Packers in Week 3.
– New Orleans proved in Week 2 that they are the 2nd best team in the NFC right now. No problems in New Orleans despite losing Marques Colston. I believe the beginning of Mark Ingram being a bigger impact in the offense will be taking place in Week 3 as we continue to see him get more carries.
– The Jets are currently the 3rd best team in the AFC East. Sure they beat Jacksonville but the offense just did not look good in this victory.
– Pittsburgh is back on track in Week 2 showing that the Super Bowl hangover may have just been a week long hangover. As for Seattle…I wonder if Andrew Luck will fit in well for Seattle.
– The Redskins are currently in first place in the NFC East in Week 2, something I don’t think anybody except for Rex Grossman saw happening. Similar to the Buffalo Bills, this may be a sneaky, pesky & competitive team this year. Not an easy win anymore.
– The Cardinals, despite being 1-1, struggle again for the 2nd straight week. The strange thing is they may be the best team in the NFC West right now.
– After 2 weeks the Dallas Cowboys may be smoke & mirrors yet again. Tony Romo is hurt, as is Dez Bryant & Miles Austin. Things are not looking good in Big D after two weeks and a 1-1 record.
– Despite being led by a rookie QB & a #1 rookie WR, the Bengals almost become a 2-0 team on Sunday and would have been leading the AFC North. Thankfully for Broncos fans that did not happen.
– Can we stop with the Tim Tebow love? The guy is not an NFL QB.
– Like I said last week, I still believe that the Texans could be a 13 win team now with no real competition in the AFC South. When it’s all said and done, they may be the last AFC undefeated team left standing.
– Looks like Daniel Thomas is the #1 RB in Miami, if he’s available in your Fantasy league go get him.
– The Chargers just did not look good against the Patriots on Sunday. Phillip Rivers may not have the weapons we thought he did after all.
[adinserter block=”1″]- New England easily beats San Diego and gets ready to play Buffalo in Week 3. This may be the first time all season they have been tested…I can’t believe I’m saying that.
– As I predicted, Michael Vick has already gotten hurt this season and when he is not on the field the Eagles are a completely different team. They had a 31-21 lead as Vick left the field and the Falcons were able to outscore the Eagles 14-0 without Vick. Philly has the hope Vick is back and healthy for Week 3 or there could be a problem for the “dream team.”
– Despite winning, the Falcons didn’t look to be in too much control like we thought they would be this season. Matt Ryan had problems and Roddy White barely got any receptions. Had it not been for Michael Turner playing as well as he did and Michael Vick being hurt, it could have been a completely different story for the ATL.
– Has there ever been more of a must win game for the Giants then the one they had in Week 2 against the Rams? The forecast for this team is not good and getting the “W” on Monday night was HUGE for Big Blue.
– Despite being 0-2 to start off the season, is it still possible for the Rams to win the NFC West? I still say yes.
Join Bower, “The Sweet Nasty” Chris Cause & myself every Sunday for more NFL & Fantasy Football talk over at www.wheelhouseradio.com!
Jeff Peck is the producer for the “Wheelhouse Radio” program that airs every Sunday at www.wheelhouseradio.com.
Jeff also co-hosts “The Still Real to us show” with Eric Gargiulo which can be available at www.wheelhouseradio.com and can be downloaded in the “Real Guy Radio” section of the site.
You can follow “The Champ Jeff Peck” on Twitter at www.twitter.com/therealjeffpeck you can also follow Wheelhouse Radio on twitter at www.twitter.com/thewheelhouse and you can e-mail them @ email@example.com