Lets take a look back at the NFC & AFC Championship Games as we get ready for Super Bowl 45 in less then two weeks!
– Jay Cutler is a pu**y. I don’t think there is any other way I can start talking about the NFC Championship Game without addressing that situation.
– It’s the NFC Championship Game and your team is a win away from the Super Bowl. You let down your teammates, your fans and the entire city of Chicago thanks to not having any toughness what’s so ever.
– At least Caleb Hanie gave a damn and maybe if he started on Sunday the Chicago Bears would be in the Super Bowl right now, that isn’t the case and now the Bears will be watching Super Bowl 45 rather then playing in it.
– I said in the preview blog last week that it would be a battle of the better defense and the Packers proved to be the better defense on Sunday. The shut down the Bears offense in the first half while the Bears defense allowed the Packers offense to explode for 14 in the 1st half.
– How about the Green Bay Packers? No one thought they would even make the playoffs back in Week 15 of the regular season. They were able to survive and now will be playing for the trophy named after their historic coach Vince Lombardi in Dallas.
– The Packers have been able to do what the Giants did back in 2007 and win all their playoff games on the road. New York went on to win the Super Bowl that year by shocking the 18-0 New England Patriots, can Green Bay do the same?
– The last and only other 6th seed to make the Super Bowl? The Pittsburgh Steelers in 2005. They would go on to beat the Seattle Seahawks and win the Super Bowl. Can Green Bay do it again as the first ever NFC 6th seed to make the Super Bowl against…you know that other team that did the same once before?
– How about redemption for Aaron Rodgers? This was a guy who was projected to be the #1 overall selection in the 2005 NFL Draft and ended up sitting in the waiting room in Radio Music City Hall until the 24th pick by the Packers. After waiting three seasons for Brett Favre to pass the torch it became Rodgers team in 2008 after some people had doubts about his ability. Rodgers has done well for himself since then and looks to put the icing on the cake of redemption on Super Bowl Sunday.
– Maybe the New York Jets should have trash talking leading up to this week’s AFC Championship Game as the fire they had in New England seemed to be put out very early in Pittsburgh.
– Could it have just been a case that the Jets were to pumped up for the Patriots game and might have not been prepared for the long haul of the playoffs? Either way for the 2nd straight season the New York Jets are going home via the AFC Championship Game.
– The Pittsburgh Steelers reminded me of what the Bears did against the Seattle Seahawks back in the Divisional Round by jumping out to a huge first half only to let their opponent get back into during the 2nd half. Will it hurt Pittsburgh like it hurt Chicago in the NFC Championship Game as they play a Green Bay team that has been fighting for survival for the last eight weeks?
– Pittsburgh’s running game was dominant in the AFC Championship Game and showed the weakness of the Jets defense. If you can establish the run like the Steelers did, it makes things a lot easier for Big Ben.
– How good is that Steelers defense? Multiple times they stuffed the Jets in red zone when it appeared the Jets were in reach to make it a game. Huge plays by the Steelers defense.
– All season long I have said defenses win championships and now we will test that theory as the #1 defense in football (Pittsburgh) takes on the #2 defense in football (Green Bay). The best defense on Super Bowl Sunday will be crowned Super Bowl Champions.
– The Pittsburgh Steelers vs. The Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl 45. Two of the most storied franchises in all of the NFL. Two of the largest Football fanbases in the United States. Should be a pretty big ratings day for Fox on February 6th. As Bart Scott ONCE said…”can’t wait.”
As always for more NFL coverage check out my sports podcast “The Wheelhouse”over at www.wheelhouseradio.com!
Jeff also co-hosts “The Still Real to us show” with Eric Gargiulo which can be available at www.wheelhouseradio.com and can be downloaded in the “Real Guy Radio” section of the site..”
If you would like to subscribe to “The Wheelhouse” on iTunes simply subscribe for free at iTunes by typing in “Wheelhouse Radio!”
You can follow “The Champ Jeff Peck” on Twitter at www.twitter.com/therealjeffpeck you can also follow Wheelhouse Radio on twitter at www.twitter.com/thewheelhouse and you can e-mail them @ [email protected].