Outer Range, Josh Brolin’s upcoming Amazon Prime Video show, is ready to premiere, and we can’t wait to watch it. With its “mind-bending western” tag, the series promises to be an examination of “how humans deal with the unexpected,” as well as “sardonic humor and mysterious enigma” in its story.
The series has a lot of star power behind it, including Josh Brolin, as well as an eerie debut trailer.
Here’s everything we know about the upcoming Outer Range.
Outer Range Release Date
Beginning on April 15th, 2022, Amazon Prime will begin airing two segments of Outer Range each week until all eight episodes are accessible for streaming.
This implies the release cycle will look like this:
- Episodes 1 and 2 – Friday 15th April
- Episodes 3 and 4 – Friday 22nd April
- Episodes 5 and 6 – Friday 29th April
- Episodes 7 and 8 – Friday 6th May
You can get a one-month free trial of Amazon Prime Video, which will cost you £7.99 per month following the end of your trial period.
Outer Range cast: Josh Brolin Join The Likes of Imogen Poots
Royal Abbott is played by Josh Brolin (Avengers: Infinity War), with Imogen Poots, as well as Lili Taylor, rounding out the group.
As of this writing, this is a complete list of cast members:
- Josh Brolin – Royal Abbott
- Imogen Poots – Autumn
- Lili Taylor – Cecilia Abbott
- Tamara Podemski – Deputy Sheriff Joy
- Lewis Pullman – Rhett Abbott
- Tom Pelphrey – Perry Abbott
- Noah Reid – Billy Tillerson
- Shaun Sipos – Luke Tillerson
- Isabel Arraiza – Maria Olivares
- Olive Abercrombie – Amy Abbott
- Will Patton – Wayne Tillerson
- Matt Lauria – Trevor Tillerson
- Matthew Maher – Deputy Matt
- Deirdre O’Connell – Patricia Tillerson
- MorningStar Angeline – TBC
What’s the plot of Outer Range?
It is stated in the show’s summary: “Outer Range tells the story of Royal Abbott (Josh Brolin), a cowboy in Wyoming who stumbles into an incomprehensible secret while battling for his property and his people. This gripping narrative, with its undercurrents of caustic humor and an air of mysticism, explores our relationship with the unknown.
“The Abbotts are dealing with the abduction of their daughter-in-law Rebecca at the start of the season. When the Tillerson’s (the opulent proprietors of the adjacent profit-driven farm) make a move for their property, they drive them over the edge. The Abbotts’ west field is invaded by a mystery black emptiness, which sets off a series of suspense events that culminate in the entrance of a strange black void.
We begin to witness how time holds secrets from the past and terrifying mysteries predicted through the eyes of Royal, as he strives to preserve his family.”