There is a good chance that many of you will be receiving Madden 2010 for the holidays. Unfortunately, one of the best players of the NFL season isn’t there. No, I’m not talking about Michael Vick, I am talking about Brett Favre. I will tell you how to get Brett Favre, Michael Vick, and updated rosters for Madden 10.
The only thing you need to get Brett Favre in your Madden 10 game (other than the game) is an Internet connection and if you are using an Xbox 360, an Xbox Live Gold membership. I wrote a blog awhile back when Favre un-retired about his status in the Madden 10 video game. To this day, I get hundreds of queries through Google.com asking about how to add Favre to the game. Knowing this and the chance that many will be asking the same question over the next several holiday weeks, I wanted to write a quick blog and help you play with the gunslinger.
– Go to either the online mode, Xbox Live, or play online. More or less, get online in the game and connect to EA’s servers.
– Once you are online follow all of the steps to play a game against an opponent online.
– Once you do that you will be notified that your rosters are outdated. You will be automatically updated for the online match, and then asked whether you want to save the new roster. Save it to your hard drive or memory card.
– At that point, exit out of the online mode (unless you want to play of course).
– Double check and bring up the rosters. The rosters you just downloaded should be available. Not only will you see Brett Favre on the Minnesota Vikings roster, you will also find Michael Vick on the Philadelphia Eagles, Richard Seymour on the Oakland Raiders, Braylon Edwards on the NY Jets, and all of the roster moves made since the game was released in August. Change the depth chart around as well, and if you really want to have fun, get creative and make some trades like Favre back to Green Bay, Vick to Atlanta, T.O. to Dallas, etc.
– As soon as you are done go to the file management option in the menu and save your new roster to your hard drive or memory card.
– You’re done!
The next time you go to fire up your Madden 10 game, your new rosters will automatically be included. Be aware that you also won’t be able to play with some players that have been placed on the IR such as Chad Pennington. Otherwise, you are good to go with Vick, Favre, and everyone else in Madden 10.
On a side note, Madden offers a DLC option to unretire players in your franchise mode. This is something you have to purchase, but you can use this within your franchise mode to un-retire Favre at the end of the first season and play him again next season.
Order a discounted Xbox 360 Live 3 Month Gold Card from Amazon.com by clicking here.
Order the Madden NFL 10: Prima Official Game Guide by clicking here.
Order Madden 2010 for the PS3 by clicking here.
Order Madden 2010 for the Xbox 360 by clicking here.
Order Madden 2010 for the Wii by clicking here.
Order Madden 2010 for the PS2 by clicking here.
Order Madden 2010 for the PSP by clicking here.