A new Madden 11 roster update is available and kudos for EA Sports for updating the Madden rosters for one last time. Players have been moved from I.R. back to team rosters and ratings adjustments were made for update #19. Congrats to Aaron Rodgers who now moves into the elite 99 club.
I have to give the developers of Madden 11 a ton of props this season. Madden 11 rosters were constantly updated throughout the season more regularly than ever before. While we can sit here and debate player ratings for the next year, just the fact that the developers would offer updates at times on a weekly basis reflecting the current NFL was a much needed improvement over past years where it would take months to get a roster update.
The newest Madden 11 roster update will be the last. Unfortunately there haven’t been any big moves yet in the NFL that would be reflected on Madden. The nice part of this update is that all of those NFL players on injured reserve are put back on the active roster. This way you don’t have to go through the roster and make the necessary adjustments the next time you play Madden 11 online.
NFL player ratings have also been updated to reflect improvement or decline in a player’s skill set throughout the season. As stated above, the big news in this update is the recognition of Aaron Rodgers and his great 2010-11 NFL season. Rodgers joins a very small and elite 99 club. The immediate recognition of Rodgers may also be a tipoff as to the Madden 12 cover player. Sorry Green Bay Packers fans but the Madden Curse may be coming to Lambeau Field.
On the flip side, the new roster update also reflects players who declined or had a subpar 2010-11 NFL season. Nnamdi Asomugha and James Harrison are bumped out of the elite 99 overall club. Other notable increases/decreases include;
• Michael Turner dropping a point to 92
• Anquan Boldin dropping to an 89
• DeAngelo Williams dropping to an 89
• Matt Forte increasing to 90
• T.O. and Ochocinco dropping to 86
• Miles Austin bumped to 90
• Tim Tebow bumped to 76
• Ndamukong Suh bumped to 90
• Greg Jennings increased to a 94
• Jacob Tamme bumped to 82
• Jamaal Charles increased to 94 (better than Michael Turner?),
• Brett Favre decreased to an 82
• Eli Manning decreased to an 88
• LaDaninian Tomlinson decreased to an 85
• Mark Sanchez bumped up to 82 (no respect huh Jets fans?)
• LeSean McCoy increased to 88, Frank Gore decreased to 93
• LeGarrette Blount bumped to 81
• Donovan McNabb dropped yet again to an 82
For details on the entire roster update and the latest Madden news, visit EA’s Madden Blog by clicking here. for some of the info.