1. David Garrard Jac – He is still a free agent in 34 percent of yahoo leagues, if you are in need of a quarterback, or your quarterback is on bye week, Garrard is your man. This week he has one of the most favorable match-ups, going against the titans pass defense. Last time he destroyed them for 300 yards and three touchdowns. I just can’t see the titans coming out and playing any different then what they have been playing this year.
2. Alex Smith SF – He played the whole second half due to Shaun Hill getting benched for his horrific performances. Smith came out and threw three touchdowns and picked apart the Texans pass defense. I know some of you are thinking it was the Texans, well Smith plays in the NFC West and none of them are much better in the secondary. Also he is a late season quick fix; you are not going to find a top ten player in free agency at this time. If he continues similar performances to this one he could end up pushing for a top ten spot in scoring from week seven on.
3. Matt Hasselbeck Sea – I know that he played like garbage last week, but he has also put on some great performances too. Hasselbeck is available in over 36 percent of ESPN fantasy leagues. So if you are in dire need of a possible quick fix, and the other two are already taken, then here is your next best possible chance. The best part is that seven of his last ten games are against weak pass coverage teams so that is working well in Hasselbeck’s favor.
[adinserter block=”1″]Running backs
1. Shonne Greene NYJ – He just turned into a decent pickup based on the fact that Leon Washington broke his leg on his first offensive play last week. Now they will rely on Greene to give Thomas Jones blows for the rest of the year. He will get plenty of carries because the Jets run the ball a lot especially with their struggling passing offense. Greene will come in and run the ball when the defense is already worn down from Jones, and will get the carries when the jets are just wasting time.
2. LeSean McCoy Phi – Well what do ya know Brian Westbrook is hurt again and this time McCoy is here to get his reps on Sunday. With the way Philly’s offense goes, LeSean has an opportunity to score at any moment of the game and will rack up both rushing and receiving yards. He is available in over a fourth of all ESPN leagues and will become a nice asset to your hurting fantasy backfield.
3. Beanie Wells Ari – He has had more carries in two out of the cardinals’ last three football games than Tim Hightower. Arizona is clearly making way for their running back of the future. He keeps improving week by week and now that they are giving Beanie the ball about twelve times a game he has opportunities to produce. The cards claim that Hightower is still the starter, but the only thing that matters is who gets the ball the most and that will produce the better stat sheets on Sunday.
1. Hakeem Nicks NYG – Nicks is one of the hottest receivers in football over the last four weeks. He has caught a touchdown pass in four straight games and is averaging over 70 yards a game. The best part is that he is still a free agent in over 55 percent of fantasy leagues! Get him before someone else does.
2. Austin Collie Ind – Him and Peyton Manning have developed a nice relationship together, they have hooked up in the end zone four times in the last three weeks. If you are looking to get rid of Steve Smith or just need another guy here it is. You know the colts are going to throw a lot when you have one of the best quarterbacks in the league under center. Another positive is the fact that he has an awesome schedule working in his favor for the rest of the year. So use some common sense and grab him while he is still there.
3. Michael Crabtree – People this is potentially one of the greater chances to have an amazing guy on your roster. In his pro debut he caught 5 passes for 56 yards. He is going to be one of the top options on this San Francisco football team. Give him two more weeks and he will be straight deadly.
Steve Slaton RB Hou – Slaton has started to heat up this season in his last two games. He is averaging more than 100 yards from the line of scrimmage in the last two performances. This really bodes well for him since he is playing against the Buffalo Bills who are giving up more than 170 rushing yards a game, which is worst in the league. If he is every going to have a chance to significantly raise his mediocre 3.1 yards per a carry it has to be this week. I am predicting 128 rushing yards to go along with 55 receiving yards and two touchdowns.
[adinserter block=”2″]Marc Bulger QB Stl – I know everybody is probably thinking what on earth could make me choose a guy on a team that hasn’t won a game to be a sleeper of the week. Well if there is any chance of the Rams to look good on one Sunday this year, they need to show it now. They are playing the lions who are giving up over 250 passing yards a game. So to prove that I can be daring, I am predicting that Bulger we pass for more than 230 yards and throw 3 tds and an interception.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns or would like advice on something please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Place your NFL bets with Bodog.com.
Get your NFL jerseys discounted now on Amazon.com by clicking here
Use Fantasy Football Commissioner for all of your FF needs at www.fflcommish.com/.
Order the Madden NFL 10: Official Strategy Game Guide by clicking here.