Sleeper of the Week
Ryan Grant RB Green Bay Packers – He is running against one of the worst run defenses in the Cleveland Browns. The Browns are giving up over 160 rushing yards a game. Grant seems to be on the verge of a break-out performance, but just one good run short of achieving it. Also working in his favor is that the Packers offense is heating up. I look for Green Bay to score often and early, giving Grant plenty of opportunities to score and plenty of carries to run out the clock. I am predicting Grant to finally break one hundred yards in a game this season and score two touchdowns this week.
Deep Sleeper of the Week
Pierre Garcon WR Ind – After appearing to be a decent wide receiver in fantasy terms for weeks 2, 3 and 4, he was a non factor against the titans. Now back from the bye week, Garcon appears to be ready for a usual performance of catching a screen pass and making some moves to the end zone. One more thing working in his favor is the rams defense has been destroyed this season. Besides that he has one of the best quarterbacks in the league throwing to him in Peyton Manning. I predict Garcon to have 5 receptions for 68 yards and a touchdown.
Wavier Wire Pickups
1. Miles Austin WR Dal – Not only did he have 250 yards receiving in his last game, but he also just got promoted to the starter ahead of Patrick Crayton!
2. Michael Crabtree WR SF – I know that he hasn’t played in a game yet, but his potential could easily make him a good wide receiver and the threat the 49ers need to revive their passing game. Also a great pickup for holdover leagues.
3. Kyle Orton QB Den – This is one of the biggest surprises of the fantasy season. He is playing like he has been in the league for 8 years.
4. Matt Cassel QB KC – Even though he struggled last week against the Redskins, I look for him to be one of the best possible pickups if you need another quarterback.
5. Carnell Williams RB TB – Nobody thought he would ever get a chance to get carries in the crowded background in Tampa. Due to injuries he got his chance and has been the only bright spot on this winless squad.
6. Zach Miller TE Oak – He finally broke out of his slump and I feel that he will continue to produce.
1. Julius Jones RB Sea – He is playing pretty good for the struggling Seattle, but let’s be honest here, he is injury prone and doesn’t finish the season strong. He has scored more fantasy points than Forte, Jacobs, Barber, and Addai. Trade him before he tanks and takes your wins with you.
2. Braylon Edwards WR NYJ – It’s just a matter of time before he is blaming the coaches for something or his quarterback. Also he just tweaked his quad and has been missing practices. My recommendation is find a desperate opponent seeking a wide receiver and get a decent running back in return for the trouble prone receiver.
3. Ahmad Bradshaw RB NYG – He has gotten some extra exposure due to Brandon Jacobs being dinged up. His playing time is probably going to go down now that Jacobs is fully healthy and the giants realize they need to pound opposing defenses a little more to avoid the disaster of last week. Besides how many 3rd down backs stay in the top 15 in scoring? The answer is ZERO!
4. Tony Romo QB Dal – Before it gets that time of year again trade Romo for the best possible value, cause the last thing you want is for someone to be the choke artist during clutch time for your fantasy football team.
5. Patrick Crayton WR Dal – He just got demoted to backup wide receiver. He is only going to see very limited action, so trade him to the person that doesn’t pay attention to new flashes.
6. Tashard Choice RB Dal – The cowboys duo of Barber and Jones are healthy and ready to play, so back to the bench goes choice.
If you have an questions, comments or would like an opinion on a trade or anything else please feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com!!!!!
Place your NFL bets with Bodog.com.
Read the ESPN Fantasy Football Guide 2009 week to week for tips by clicking here.
Join ESPN Insider today for the best sports analysis online, plus ESPN The Magazine!
Use Fantasy Football Commissioner for all of your FF needs at www.fflcommish.com/.
Order the Madden NFL 10: Official Strategy Game Guide by clicking here.